Wednesday, May 24, 2017

sun & shopping

Hello! Another week has gone by and now I only have 2 more weeks left in the Notts. At times it has felt like I'm just trying to kill time and that these weeks before my last exam would have been spent doing something useful if I was already back home, like I would probably be working and preparing for the move into the new apartment (also it was raining for a week straight here and it was really warm and sunny in Finland, so that also didn't help). But despite all of that, I have been doing some fun things for the past 7 days.

On Wednesday me and Andrea went to the city campus to do some studying and honestly, half of our time we pretty much talked. We were also interviewed by a woman from the BBC. Still haven't found that fotage anywhere online, and I'm not sure I want to.

On Thursday I took the train to York, and on Friday André took me to see the new Harry Potter shop as he had promised. Honestly, it wasn't that special and it was very small, but I've also been to the Harry Potter World in Universal Studios, and I feel like that is almost the closest I will ever get to feeling like I'm at Hogwarts, even if it is in sunny Florida! In the evening we also took a nice walk around campus.



On Saturday we had planned a day trip to Leeds since the trip was only 30 minutes by train and tickets were really cheap. And I'm so glad we went because Leeds was a really cool city and great for shopping! We also had delicious southern barbecue for lunch and even if it started pouring rain at the end of the day, we were both very happy with our shopping. We also watched the semi-final hockey game Finland vs. Sweden, and well, Finland lost so there's not much to say about that.

The best ice latte I've had in England so far/Beautiful shopping places all over Leeds/My summer look (wish I could afford the hat but it was wayy to expensive!)

Pulled Pork, Fries, Sweet Potato Cornbread, Coleslaw and home made ice tea... YUM!
Ei menny iha niin ku strömsöössä...

Sunday was very mellow and on Monday it was time to get back to Notts. These past few days have been extremely warm so I've gone to the park twice now and I'm glad to say that I got my first tan line! Today I'm also meeting with some of the girls for some drinks and football (yes, a group of girls watching football, can you believe it?) but I'm most excited for tomorrow, because not only is André coming here, also my parents and Andre's family! Can't wait for them to be here, I definitely miss them a lot!
Sunday was spent saying bye to all the ducks at Andre's campus :)



I hope that Andrea will keep her promise of visiting me and Finland for the first time, and I definitely want to go and see her in Karlstad as well!

No comments: