Thursday, March 23, 2017

Things to look forward too

Blogging two days in a row? I know, it's almost unheard of. Actually I have a day off today (like every Tuesday and Thursday, lucky me) and I've already managed to do the majority of my not-so-big to-do-list: finish my formative bibliography assignment which is due tomorrow and do the laundry. André doesn't arrive until half past 9 tonight so I basically have a full day of no plans, and even if it is sunny outside it is sooo windy, so I don't really feel like stepping out of my room either. 

Instead I thought I'd do a blogpost on some of the fun things I have planned for the next few months, and although I might've mentioned most of them, this time I'll go in on the plans in more detail.

Snowdonia

This Sunday me, André and a bunch of the other exchange students are taking a trip to Snowdonia, which is a mountainous region and a national park in the north of Wales. The trip is organized by Citylife Nottingham which is the organization that has organised the pub crawls and the meet and speak events I've been to in the past. They've also made a lot of other trips to various parts of the UK, but this is the first one I will attend. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend as well, and from what I've seen the views are absolutely stunning so I'm looking forward to a beautiful day out in nature!

Just a few pics I found through a google search... it looks so amazing!



Edinburgh & Glasgow

On the 3rd of April me and André are going to Scotland! I'm so happy I get to go back to Edinburgh after 3 years! Some of you may know that I got the chance to go to Edinburgh in 2014 through my department at my University and stay there for 3 weeks. This time I really want to do the things that I didn't do last time but also show André the places where I spent my time during those weeks. As for Glasgow, I don't know what to expect because I've never been there before. But from what I've hear, it's a very cool, hip and urban city which will be a joy to explore!
One of my fondest memories from Edinburgh was hanging out in the meadows with my classmates!
Last time I just took pictures of the castle but didn't go in - maybe this time I will? 

London

Obviously the recent attack in London was very scary and very sad - it makes you wonder if you can ever really feel safe again or if these types of horrible, senseless killings are just what we have to regard as a norm nowadays. I don't want to get too much into my views on the current political state of the world but I just feel sad seeing this cycle be repeated and not knowing how to make things better. I guess all we can do, as individuals and as human beings, is trying to spread love and understanding, and not to choose hate, anger or revenge. 

I very much look forward to mine and Andrés trip to London, especially because I'm finally going to see The Phantom of The Opera which has been a dream of mine ever since I first saw the movie when I was 11 years old! We're also planning on visiting the British Museum and Tate Modern, obviously doing some sightseeing of the biggest attractions and maybe even doing some shopping.

And you bet I will be singing along!
 And in May...?

I just received confirmation about the last exam I have here, which will take place on the 5th of June. The news is both good and bad I suppose - I actually have my accommodation until the 6th of June, which works out perfectly with the exam date, but I was hoping that the last exam would have been a bit earlier because the other deadlines for my essays are before the 12th of May. That essentially means that between the 12th of May and the 5th of June I have nothing. That's almost a month of no classes... Mine and Andrés families are visiting in the last week of May, but other than that I have no plans. So I guess that means I should start looking into other places to travel to while I'm still here. I'd love to go somewhere in Southern England, like Bristol, or perhaps to Ireland, or maybe even France? The pans are very open at the moment, and I guess it mostly will depend on what my financial situation looks like at that time!

No comments: