Saturday, February 4, 2017

Reunited and it feels so good

I'm here and so is André and it feels amazing. After a month of not seeing each other we definitely missed each other a lot. But before getting into what we've been doing for the last the 24 hours, let me tell you a little bit about my Friday:

I made my first friend! She's a french exchange student and we happened to be at the induction meeting for exchange students at the same time so we started talking while we were waiting for our turns. It turned out she was also an English major and we have two of the same courses in Nottingham. So now I already know one person in my class, which is nice!

After the induction meeting I took the bus back to town. The sun was shining, I just met a cool new person and André was coming to town later that night, so I was in a great mood. I spent the majority of the day in town, getting things that I was still missing and window shopping. Then at a little after 4, André's train arrived to the Nottingham train station. It was pretty surreal to see each other after all this time but we were both so happy. The rest of the night we just stayed in, made some pasta and watched the new alien movie Arrival. 

Today we (or I did at least) slept in and had a real slow morning, which was much needed. Then we took the bus to town and I showed André around. It's not like I've walked around myself that much either, so it was fun exploring new places in the city I haven't seen yet! We had a late lunch at a place called Handmade burgers where you could basically build your own burger meal. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in my burger, it was pretty overcooked and the fries were not salted at all, so I don't think I'll be going there again. The atmosphere was nice though!

Cool street art

Even if the burger was a disappointment, the date was a success!

No comments: