Monday, January 30, 2017

Exciting week ahead

Today was a great start to a very exciting week! It all began with my job interview, for which I got up early so that I would have time to get ready and wouldn't have to stress about getting there late. If you know me, you know I am always at least 10 minutes early, which I don't think is a bad thing although some of my friends might tease me for it. The interview went really well and the woman interviewing me was very nice. Once we were done, she told me she would call in two weeks time to inform me about the job.

Happy in a Zara dressing room, even if the shirt I tried on didn't fit at all (not the shirt I'm wearing, btw)

I had planned to meet Julle and Emppu for lunch at 12 but before that I still had some errands to run and things to buy before I leave. At noon we had lunch at Fontana which is definitely one of my favorite lunch places in Turku. Today their buffet consisted of things like couscous salad, hummus, pasta carbonara, chicken in burgundy sauce and oven vegetables. It was so delicious I forgot to take a picture, but I did remember to take one of the dessert!
My lunch dates and my dessert... Can't decide which one is sweeter

A little after I got home I got a phone call from my interviewer and she told me I got the job! I accepted the offer and we decided that I would call her when I am back in Finland in the summer. I'm super glad that I first of all even got an interview and that I was able to attend it before I leave, but also that I don't have to worry about looking for a job while I'm away. I'm also very happy that my employer is so flexible and that I didn't have to commit to a certain date as to when I'll start working, 'cause honestly, I have no clue (yet) when exactly I'll be home. 

The rest of the night has been spent on the sofa watching TV, eating home made pad thai and just spending some quality time with the family. Tomorrow will be my last full day in Finland because at 3.30 in the night I'm taking the bus to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. Exciting!

My mom was making something for her kindergarten group and Maya decided to "help"... see the red letter F? That's her work

No comments: