Sunday, January 22, 2017

Cake fail

And no, I'm not talking about the singer, I'm talking about the last three days. I've actually been pretty busy and therefore haven't posted anything this weekend, but here I am with a recap!

On Friday my dad turned 50! So to celebrate I decided that I would bake him a cake and also make some sushi for dinner. I didn't really have a clear vision for the cake, I looked up a recipe on pinterest which said it was the best cake ever so I thought I'd try that (you have to admit it sounds very tempting). I followed the recipe and there was a lot of whisking involved so it took quite some time. The I put the cake in the oven and let it bake for 45 minutes. It looked fine on the outside, and I did the toothpick test but once it had cooled down and it was time to flip it, I saw that it was completely raw on the inside. By this point I tried saving it by letting it bake some more, but eventually the cake just fell apart. Apparently I had the wrong setting on the oven as well. I was so frustrated, it literally took me 3 hours to make the cake and it was a complete failure. I had no other choice but to run to the store and get a pre-made cake base. Eventually the cake turned out fine but I know the first cake would've tasted even better, had I just baked it correctly. But the sushi turned out great and all in all we had a nice dinner at home with the family. 

On Saturday I first went to my brother's school's open house. I got to attend some of his classes (and even participate in some of the activities) and meet my old teachers and it was all very nostalgic. Later I also went to Mylly with Ansku to see if there were any good deals, but I only ended up buying some makeup. My grandparents also came over to have dinner and to celebrate my dad. After a lovely meal prepared by my father, I got a ride to Ella's and Olli's who had a housewarming party at their new place. Basically all of the girls from my group of friends were there (except Sofie who lives in Norway) and Ella had made lots of treats for us guests so I had a great time. Later in the evening we made our way to Saaristobaari where I also met some of my friends from University which was nice. I took a taxi home at 2.30, and woke up with a bit of a headache which must be a sign of a good night out!
Yesterday's look



Today I've just been laying on the sofa, watching Crazy Ex-girlfriend on Netflix. Don't worry, I promise to leave the house later tonight, I'm actually meeting up with Essi who used to be my roommate but has since moved out of Turku. We haven't gotten a chance to catch up in a long time so I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about.

No comments: