Sunday, August 30, 2015

Perfect ending to the summer

First let's recap this summer: it went by super fast. In the blink of an eye. Considering that my summer holiday basically started in May, I've been out of school for almost 4 months. Yikes, I'm glad to get back to studying to be honest. Some of the most memorable moments were; mini holiday to Sweden with Emppu and Julle which was super fun; Midsummer with my girls; Nadya and Tessa coming to visit (and my grandma and Rob!); Hanging out with my family; hanging out with Andre and then missing him when he was gone; Ruisrock; mini holiday to Malax; this weekend. 

Ok so this weekend was the last weekend of summer, and it was a good one. On Friday after work me and Andre went to Raisio and watched Austin Powers with my family. We stayed the night because on Saturday morning we drove to Helsinki and Linnanmäki. I absolutely love amusement parks and I haven't been to one in Finland for ages (3 years to be more exact). It was so much fun! We went on almost all of the rides (NOT the Ferris wheel of the free fall-rides because me and heights and going up slowly do not go well together). We ate street food and ice-cream and Andre won me a fluffy polar bear and I won him a stress ball XD. If I was a kid from Monster's Inc, they could've lit up an entire city with my screams alone!
Ice cream break!

Trying to take a cute picture in the tea cup didn't quite work out...

My butt was so wet after this...

I FINALLY got to put one of those city filters on Snapchat *way too excited*

We got back pretty late but decided to hang out with Emil and Emppu at Andres place. A glass of wine turned into a couple of glasses but it was actually a pretty great spontaneous chill night. Today me and Andre just chilled on the couch and made wok and watched HIMYM; he hasn't really ever followed the series so this summer we have gone through 5 seasons. I never get tired of watching it. In the evening we went to see the Disney Pixar movie Inside Out. I have been waiting for this movie for months and it did not disappoint me! I laughed and I cried, I was happy and sad and nostalgic and it seriously might be my favorite Disney Pixar movie, it's definitely in the very top!



I think I liked sadness the most. It was a good reminder that it's ok to feel sad about things at times, even if you don't really have a "reason" to. 
Now I'm laying in bed, trying to figure out what to wear and figuring out how my week will look. The first wo weeks are always hectic, but it looks as if I will have a lot of free time on my hands. Which is good, I mena, I have a bachelor's thesis to write! Have a great week everybody!

No comments: