Sunday, February 8, 2015

Naked silences

It's been a productive but relaxing weekend. On Friday I went home to catch up with the family and Maya was adorable as she always is. Yesterday I worked and in the evening Julle, Emppu and Ella came over to watch Melodifestivalen. It was a lot of fun (even iof Ella basically fell asleep, lol). AND Today I went to the gym which felt amazing 'cause the sun was shining and the air was crisp and everything felt right. I've definitely had a great day. Sundays are the best!

It's funny, after my workout I went to the sauna at the gym, and I started to think about this article (read it here!) I read last week about and American who had moved to Finland, and he talked about some "bad" American habits he kicked in Finland. Two of them were being naked in front of other people and not being afraid of awkward silences. The reason it came to my mind was that I literally sat in the sauna naked with this woman for a good 15 minutes, and the only thing she asked me was if it was ok that she threw some more water on the stones. Otherwise we just sat in silence, naked, and minded our own business. And it was totally normal and fine. I'm definitely not a person who just gets up and starts chatting with randoms so I guess I was born to be Finnish. 

No comments: