Saturday, January 3, 2015

Time to get serious

Here's a recap of my New Year's Eve and Day:

I worked until 6.15 so I tried to be super super quick so that I could go home, get ready and get going to Raisio where I would be hosting the New Year's Eve "pre-party" at my parents' house. Andre also came a bit earlier to my place and he had bought me flowers and an wrist-band, how sweet is that?
Then we got a ride from Cristel's dad and most of my friends were already waiting outside the house to get in. Everybody had brought some snacks with them so we sat and ate, chatted, played drinking games and listened to music. Maya was home so you can imagine how hysterical she was with all the new people around her. Most of the people started making their way to the city at 11 o'clock but me, Essi, Cristel, Sofie and Andre stayed in Raisio, since none of us were really planning on going out to a bar so there was no point in going to look at fireworks at 12 when we could se them from our house as well. So at 12 we wished each other happy New Year and popped the champagne. At like 1 we started calling a taxi, and when it finally came we realized we were one too many so we had to order a new one. At 2.30 we were finally on our way to the city and at that point we were all set on just going home, so that's what we did. It was definitely the best New Year's I've had so far, thank you to everybody who came!
Almost everybody (except Essi who took the picture!)

On New Year's Day I woke up at Andre's, we just chilled, had breakfast and watched "The Departed" right until Netflix started acting up so I missed the ending (but he spoiled it to me anyways, so). At 5 o'clock I met up with Julle and we walked to Ella's place, where we had some torillas and gossiped about our New Year's. We also watched a very disturbing movie on Netflix called "Eating Out", I don't wanna spoil too much but basically it's a gay-oriented movie with terrible acting and some... uhm, nudity. Haha, it was probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and the worst part is it has THREE sequels.

Yesterday I worked until 6 o'clock but after that I took a quick stroll around the shops in town and bought some stuff for the apartment, mostly cleaning-equipment. Yup, as soon as I got home I started cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom and it took me probably 3 hours but now it's super tidy and fresh looking. I also cleaned the drain and that was by far the most disgusting experience I've been through. THERE WAS HAIR (and dirt) EVERYWHERE. Ugh, I get shivers just thinking about it. And Now It's time to get serious and start with the important school stuff I've been avoidin for the past few weeks. Happy January everybody!

No comments: