Monday, November 10, 2014

KK 91

I have to start this post by saying that it has been an absolutely crazy and fun weekend, and I am so tired. But it was totally worth it.


My Saturday started off much earlier than usually, but it was actually for once to get up early and eat breakfast without a hurry, I even had time to tidy up a bit before I got a guest. I had promised to fix the hair of a gil who knows Ella, so she came to my place and I did her hair (she was also gonna attend the same annual party as me). It took about an hour and I was quite pleased with the result as well. I started making my way to Julle's at 12 and when I got there we had some lunch together. We thought it would be better to start getting ready in time so that we had all the time in the world and wouldn't have to stress. Well, at approximately 4 we were all done and 'solemnakten' didn't start until 6 so we had a few hours to kill. We mostly took selfies and sang Christmas songs, 'cause that's just how we roll.
We're cute, right?

Finally got to wear my Gammeldans dress again after almost three years!


The 'solemnakt' was basically a small gathering of all the representatives of the different student's associations who congratulated the board of Kemistklubben for turning 91 years. The actually dinner and party was at Kåren, and me and Julle we're seated next to some very friendly Norwegians. The dinner was delicious, the company was good and it all ended with some waltz-dancing.


Best date!

 After the actual dinner party, me and Julle went to her place to get into our coctail dresses for the after party at B. I had a blast (minus a littel late night argument with Julle that ended with both of us crying and confessing our love for eachother) and the time was 7 o'clock in the morning when I finally went to sleep. I only have one picture from the actual after party (then again, maybe that's a good thing...)

You can imagine how I felt when I woke up after 4 hours of sleep and was supposed to go back to B for the Sillis. But I got up, got ready and one hour later I was back at B for breakfast. As soon as I stepped in I was handed a bottle of vodka, haha. Anyways, the Sillis was my favorite part of the whole weekend and when I finally made my way home at 5 on a Sunday evening, after dancing in foam and doing bellyshots in the street (yup...) I was super bummed that it was over. My mom came to pick me up and I went home to have dinner with my parents since it was Father's day here in Finland. In the evening all of the partying seriously took it's toll on me and I had a raging headache, so I went to bed pretty early. Definitely an awesome weekend, but it's definitely something I'd only do once a year.


Not sure what's going on in this picture... 

No comments: