Sunday, October 26, 2014

Carpe that f*cking Diem

Sunday evenings are just the best. But more about that later, first I'll tell you about my weekend.

First of all, the history exam I spent so much time studying on did not go too well. The exam consisted only of multiple choice questions and in most of the questions all of the options sounded like it could be the right answer so I didn't feel too confident in my choices. But luckily I wasn't the only one who struggled, in fact pretty much everybody agreed that it wasn't the easiest exam they had taken. As long as I pass I'll be satisfied because I spent so much time reading and I'd hate for that to go to waste.

After the exam I met up with Ella and had lunch, Julle also came to join us later and then we met up Cristel and did some shopping. Primarily I was looking for a dress (for an upcoming party I'll tell you more about laterz) but when I got to Zara I spotted this perfect jacket which we first thought only cost 40 euros, so after trying it on I decided I had to have it. I thought it was pretty strange that it was so cheap so I checked again and turns out we had looked at the price tag of a shirt that had been under the jacket, the jacket was in fact 100 euros, and I was devastated. Not that 100 euros is that much for a jacket (especially one from Zara) but it's a lot for me (mostly because I'm a bargain-buyer). So I abandoned the jacket and went for coffee with the gals. But I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back into the store and bought it! And I don't regret it for one minute. Also I have to say I had such a great time with my friends that Friday, made me forget all about the failed exam.
We found this gem at Julle's house, it's a picture she has drawn of me when we were like 8? The resemblance is uncanny, right?

On Saturday I worked for the first time in two weeks and I was super pumped when I saw the Halloween decorations in our cafe because I lööve Halloween. I also just got the news that I was able to change my shift on Friday which means I'll be able to attend Ansku's Halloween/going away party. I have the best outfit planned out, all I can say is that I will definitely not be looking sexy. But to me Halloween has never been about dressing up as a slut, I just think it's fun to get to dress up, I wish we had more holidays where we got to dress up and it would be socially accepted. Anyways, after work I went to babysit my little brother and Maya while my parents went out partying. Ella joined me and we ate salad and watched The Twiligt Saga: Eclipse (no judging, it was on tv and it was perfect!). That's right, I stayed in and watched  teen-movie about a vampire and the most uninteresting girl in the world fall in love (I mean what is it with Bella? She's not really special in any way and still two guys fall in love with her and every single vampire on the planet is after her, trying to kill her? I don't get it...) and my parents went out partying.

I obviously stayed the night so today I've been chilling at home with Maya and had dinner with my parents. I also tried out dresses for the fancy party I'm attending in two weeks (which I am mega excited about). I think I'm going with the purple dress which was my Gammeldans dress. The problem is that it is soo tight around my chest (have't worn it in two years), I seriously feel like Marie Antoinette. BUT when else am I going to get to wear it? Plus it's so prettyyyy. Sorry for the mega blurry pics, what do you think? Purple or black dress?
Majestic pic I took of Maya today, she's the cutest.



Then when I got home I felt mega inspired to do a lot of things, like organize my stuff, add things to my mood-board (I'll have to do a post about that too someday) and do some artsy stuff. What I really want for my wall is a picture of an old map and I tried to draw a map myself and it turned out horrible. So I kept it simple and wrote a quote instead. I'm not particularly fond of quotes but this one caught my eye when I was watching a movie and I saw that one of the characters had a pillow with this quote and I just thought it was hilarious. I am very pleased with the result!

Tomorrow it's the start of a new semester in school and I'm actually pretty excited overall for the upcoming months, I have so many fun things planned. Like going to Thailand in a month, whaat? I'm ending this Sunday in the best way possible: Tea and Saturday Night Live hosted by Jim Carrey. Goodnight!

No comments: