Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"To die would be a grand adventure"

- Quote from Hook (1991)

I don't think there is a soul in the world who hasn't been heartbroken and utterly shocked about the passing of Robin Williams. I think most of people my age just associate him with childhood. I grew up watching his movies, I couldn't even tell you how many times I have seen Toys, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Flubber, Jumanji, A.I Artificial Intelligence and my favorite of the bunch, Hook. It's sad to think that someone who brought so much laughter and excitement to your childhood is gone. It's sad to think that a man who made so many people laugh was struggling with his inner demons and the world had no clue. 

Thank you Robin Williams for adding just a sparkle of fantasy and madness to my childhood.

No comments: