Sunday, July 27, 2014

Guac & Salsa

Last night I experimented with a few recipes and they actually turned out quite good. I made homemade Guacamole and Sweet, Chunky Salsa! 
For the Guacamole I used 2 ripe avocados, 1 big tomato, 1 red onion, salt and pepper and a little bit of lemon juice! Basically you just mix the ingredients together with a fork so that it's a bit chunky and let it stay in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.

In the Salsa i used 3 tomatoes, 1 red onion, one yellow onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 nectarine (I guess you could use peach or something similarly sweet), green Tabasco, salt, pepper, white vinegar, lemon juice and a little bit of water. I started by heating a pan and cooking the fruits and vegetables in a little bit of olive oil. Then I added the water and the white vinegar (just a little bit, like 1/2 dl at most), and the spices and let it heat on low temperature for 20-30 minutes. Lastly I topped it off with some lemon juice and let it cool down before serving.

No comments: