Friday, January 24, 2014

Goals: Be happy

I am not one who usually writes a lot about my opinions or feelings on this blog. It might be because I'm quite neutral. I almost never fight with my parents or my friends (and by this I mean like big arguments, everybody has a need to bicker with someone sometimes, me included!), and my friends say I'm usually "Switzerland" in any conflict we have. I do have opinions of my own, but I feel like what's the point in making a big deal out of something that in the end has little meaning?
I've noticed a lot of girls my age who are concerned with the things a normal teenager dwell over: school, appearances, love... At times it seems like these girls are just trying to find something negative wherever they can find it! The truth is, most of us forget how lucky we are. We have a family, we have friends, we have the right to educate ourselves, we have a roof over our heads, we aren't starving, we have our freedom. Sometimes I think of all the horrible things some people go through, everyday and still, somehow they manage to move on with their lives and be happy. It's amazing!
I guess my point is: allow yourself to be happy! Don't fixate on the negative things in life, cherish the good things you have. Now I will cherish the fact that it is the weekend, I have a job interview in a few hours and that in the end, I'm quite happy at the moment!

1 comment:

class mate Tills said...

ain't that the truth, we should all embrace joy and wonder where we can find it! and i enjoy you writing more thought provoking material as well. carry on.