Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Go me!

This morning didn't start off great. Because of the cold, the pipes in our house are frozen, which meant that no water was running upstairs yesterday. Well today we had some guys working on the problem, but in order to do so, they had to fix something in the downstairs bathroom, which meant neither of the bathrooms worked! I had to leave 30 minutes earlier just to take a bus to the town so that I could go to the bathroom. There is a beautiful lesson to be learnt in this story: Cherish your bathrooms, guys.

But the rest of the day was pretty good, after school I had my first physiotherapy session and my therapist showed me some moves I could do to get my flexibility and motion back to normal. Then I went to julle's where she made us lunch (and it was very good, so thank you for that!) and then we watched the Mindy project in her freezing apartment. Got picked up, went home and decided to go for a walk/run... Just the other day I looked at horror at all the joggers that are willing to go and run in the freezing cold air so I felt very proud of myself for going. My therapist suggested I could walk for 10 minutes and then run for 5, ect. ect, so that's what I did. My butt got a little bit cold but otherwise it wasn't that bad, and this is coming from someone who really does not enjoy just jogging...

Me in the picture supporting my new FightBack beanie which I love! If you don't know anything about FightBack and Pekka Hyysalo you should really google it, it's truly inspirational! I also ordered one for Nadya as a Christmas present but I'll have to mail it to her, 'cause my order didn't arrive until after I got back from the States. The other picture is the yummy salad I made for dinner, it was pretty delicious.

1 comment:

George Fryer said...

There's a saying that we realize how important our things when we lose them, and this is one of those instances where that applies. Thankfully, you had a "Plan B" while the plumbers were doing their thing. It's great to see that the problem was fixed, and yes, we should all cherish our bathrooms!
George Fryer @ Plumbing-LongIsland.com