Sunday, December 8, 2013

24 Christmas tips countdown: Gingerbread-Glögg Cheesecake

Tip #7: First I have to say I realize I'm falling behind in this countdown 'cause I didn't post a tip yesterday but I'll post two tips some other day, promise! This is the recipe for the cheesecake I made yesterday, it was quite delicious if I say myself but I can't take all credit since I based my recipe on a recipe I got from my classmate Nora! Here it is!


I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the whole cake since people dug into it before I managed to take a shot but here's a pic of a slice!
Crust:                                                                Filling:                                              Glögg jelly:
12-16 Gingerbread                           200 g Philadelphia cream cheese                         3 gelatin sheets
100 g butter                                         200 g vanilla or lemon quark                                2 dl glögg
2 dl cream
2 eggs
100-150 g white chocolate
5 gelatin sheets
1 dl sugar
1/2 dl water

1. Crush the gingerbread and mix with melted butter. Press the mixture into an even layer into the base of the cake tin.
2. Let the gelatin sheets lay in cold water for about 5 minutes. Heat the water. Then press the extra water out of the gelatin sheets and mix with the hot water. Melt the white chocolate.
3. Separate the egg whites- and yellows in separate bowls.
4. Mix the Philadelphia, quark, the yellows, the gelatin, the sugar and the chocolate in a big bowl (In that order!)
5. Whip the cram in one bowl, the egg whites in another. The egg whites should become a white, hard foam.
6. Add the whipped cream in the cheese mixture, and mix thoroughly. Then add the egg whites, and mix carefully (the mixture should stay fluffy).
7. Add the mixture in the cake tin and put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before adding glögg jelly.
8. For glögg jelly, let the gelatin sheets lay in cold water for 5 min. Heat half of the glögg, press out the extra water from the sheets and mix with the heated glögg. Add other half of glögg to the mixture, and pour over cheesecake. Let the cake be in the fridge for atleast another 4 hours before serving. ENJOY!

No comments: