Monday, September 2, 2013

Saved by the bell

First real day in uni is done! I was so nervous I would be late since the traffic was horrible this morning, it took me 30 minutes just to get from one block to another. Luckily we have a thing called Academic quarter which means that classes start a quarter past, even though the schedule says the start at e.g 9.00. So I wasn't late. We met the professors and lecturers and then my first 'class' Tools for the study of English began. It seemed very interesting and I'm really looking forward to this semester! The thing I'm not looking forward to is buying a 3000-page book for 45 euros... it's the price you have to pay!
One thing that we were also informed about was that as a 'gift' of studying hard this semester we'll get to go to Edinburgh for 3 weeks in the end of May! And ÅA pays for the trip! HOW COOL IS THAT! It's a really good motivator for this semester!
All in all I have a pretty chill first period (and year as well), I never have any lectures on Fridays (3-day weekend!) and I never start before 9 o'clock. Sure, I have a lot of self-studies but I'm really looking forward to reading all of those classics that you probably should read once in a lifetime!
My notebook// I went shopping with julle after uni, just bought some underwear and a few shirts from the flea-market. Sorry for only posting boring IPhone pics but hey, it's better than nothing, right?

No comments: