Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Languages = Privileges

Yess! My prayers have been answered! SKINS STARTS TOMORROW! Okay, it's a re-run of season 3 but season 4 starts after that (okay, I've seen that one too) but aahhh, It's Skins.


Right now I'm watching Pakkoruotsi-ilta on tv, It's basicly a show where they discuss weather they should remove this law that says that finnish people have to learn Swedish in school. As you may know I speak both Swedish and Finnish as my mother tounge. It's kinda funny to watch Adults yell at each other. I personally don't have the opinion that everybody HAS to learn Swedish, but don't start complaining if you can't get a job because you can't speak Swedish. It's not that hard, and it's not like I don't have Swedish and Finnish in school. I think learning to speak different languages is a privilege. I take German and spanish in school. And I have a lot of Finnish-speaking friends who have told me they wished they knew Swedish better...


...the thing that REALLY bothers me are the things people think of Swedish-speaking people. Not gonna name them here though. Anyways: GET THE FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU GO JUDGE OTHERS. That's kinda a life-philosophy, I guess :P

No comments: